How to Give Yourself the Best ManicureAugust 26, 2015 - Author: steph
Your hands and nails are something that everyone sees on a daily basis. When you go to the store and pay for whatever you are buying, you show your hands. When you hug your child or your significant other, you show your hands. If your job entails you to be in front of a large group of people teaching or giving a presentation, you show your hands.
Because of this, you need to make sure that your hands looks nice at all times. No one wants to look at hangnails, loose cuticles and nail polish that is chipping away. This could give people a bad impression of you. As a result, ff you are a woman, this means giving yourself a manicure every once in a while. Of course, you could also go to the salon and get a professional manicure, but doing this every week and keeping up with it is a time waster and a money waster. Why not give yourself a manicure?
How to Give Yourself a Manicure
Here are the steps for giving yourself a manicure.
1. Start by taking off any old nail polish that may already be on your nails.
2. Second, file your nails down so that you don’t have any hangnails sticking out. You may need to clip your nails first if they are very long and you want them to be shorter.
3. Next, use a cuticle clipper to clip off any stray cuticles. Remember not to clip too close to the base of the cuticle or you could cause bleeding and pain.
4. Rub some cuticle oil around the cuticles that you just cut. If you get oil on the nail itself, wipe it off with a towel.
5. Finally, put on your nail polish. You will want to put the polish on in two different coats. There is no need to wait in between coats for the first coat to dry because by the time you get to your tenth nail, you can go back to the beginning and start over.
Where to Buy Your Nail Polish
You will have a lot of options when it comes to where you can buy nail polish. It is available at most stores and online as well. But the best place to go for nail polish is the makeup line called Lime Crime. Lime Crime is a makeup company based in Los Angeles, California.
They use only cruelty free ingredients to make their makeup, and they stand by all of their products, which are amazing. Lime Crime is proud to have a large selection of nail polishes in all sorts of different colors. These nail polishes stay on for days and even weeks at a time, and they look great!
No Comments - Categories: Beauty